Monday 5 April 2010

Introduction

Welcome to my new blog, you can also follow me on twitter as benthomas88. I’ll be trying my best to keep you updated with how training and racing in going with my new team, the UCI registered TORQ Performance Nutrition mountain bike race team.

I originally got the racing bug back in 2005 when I started my first cross-country race which was a Southern XC race at Swinley Forest. Although I didn’t do very well I thoroughly enjoyed myself and set about planning what races to travel too in 2006. After racing Junior in 2006 I moved to the sport category then next year when I became an under 23 aged rider, at the same time I moved to university in Bristol. After my first year at uni and having had some success in the sport category including some national series wins I started taking training more seriously. Having qualified for expert in 2008 I was determined to see how far I could go.

Well the latest is that I’m now in my second year racing elite category mountain biking. Racing with Olympians, World Championships quality riders, and Commonwealth medallist’s means reaching the podium is pretty darn hard work! During my first year I had mixed success but in June was offered a contract with the TORQ team, by the end of the year I’d agreed to join and had also successfully gained enough points to race at the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup. I’m now in training for my keys goals for the 2010 season, these include my participation in the World Cup which kicks off in the UK in just 3 weeks time, the part of the team based in the UK then plan to race the rounds in Belgium, Germany, and Italy. Its going to be an exciting year, in fact the excitement has already begun with the team launch taking place at the British Mountain Bike Series a week ago!




I hope you enjoy following my updates. You can read previous blogs written by myself on my previous teams blog here http://jb-create.co.uk/mtraxrt/

No comments:

Post a Comment