Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Thanks for joining me over the past year and following my journey which has included many highs and several lows.

2010’s biggest highlight was that Cross Country National Championship silver medal, I went into that race with only one aim which was to win the gold medal so to come away with second was a small disappoint, I was happy though in the knowledge that every bit of energy was left out on the Pippingford race track. The season’s low point came as I crashed out of the Marathon National Champs where my eye was set firmly on another shiny medal, torn shoulder ligaments were the only thing I took away from that race. The injury still plagued me 2 weeks later at the final British XC round in Plymouth and with just a small slip of the front wheel during practise by season ended with another scar added to my torn body.

I took away from the year many happy memories and learnt many lessons. Without the help of TORQ and the team’s hugely generous sponsors my journey could not have taken place, thank you! Once again in 2011 I’ll be riding in the black and orange colours of TORQ, news on the team’s sponsors and rider changes will be released over the next couple of weeks.

My schedule for 2011 is already pretty full and I’m excited about the year ahead especially the opportunity of racing more regional based events. World Cup’s and European marathon events will also feature in this years travels.

Next week I fly to Gran Canaria for training camp before returning to defend my lead at the final round of the Brass Monkey Winter Series. Following this the team will gather for a weekend of performance testing at TORQ HQ in Shropshire. My full schedule can be found here
http://benthomas88.blogspot.com/p/2011-schedule.html

No comments:

Post a Comment