Thursday 23 February 2012

UCI Class 2 Andalucia Bike Race

All going to plan this time tomorrow I should be sat in a nice hotel in Cordoba Spain. This will be my first international trip of the year; I’m travelling to Spain to race the 6 day UCI world ranking Andalucia Bike Race. The race is completed in pairs; I’ll be teaming up with Josh Ibbett who I’m also racing the Cape Epic with at the end of March.

My bags are packed but the bike box is dangerously close to being overweight, hopefully the airport staff are in a good mood and are feeling kind at check in! Having missed this race in 2011 due to injury I’ve been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to take my place on the start line in Cordoba for nearly a year. Over the 6 days we’ll cover around 400km’s of the areas finest trails.

Depending on the availability of internet access we’ll hopefully be able to send updates and possibly even some video footage! Keep an eye on the Ben Thomas Racing facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ben-Thomas-Racing/330790256947713

Since my last update training has been going well, I completed one high volume high intensity week, followed by this low volume high intensity week as I taper for Andalucia. I wont be starting this race fresh but there are bigger objectives further down the line including the Cape Epic which is only 30 days away!!

For daily stage results keep an eye on http://www.andaluciabikerace.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment